By Dr. Joseph Farag –
Finally, there’s good news for those of you who suffer from gum disease (gingivitis and periodontitis). We now offer an exciting laser based technique for treatment of periodontal disease called Laser Periodontal Therapy™. Through the use of Millenium Dental Technologies, Inc., PerioLase® Laser, designed especially for Laser Periodontal Therapy™, we can treat your moderate to severe gum disease and you can quickly return to your normal routine! There’s no incision (scalpel) and no stitches (sutures). You heal naturally with full retention of your gums. If you suffer from tender, red, swollen, or bleeding gums, call us today for an appointment to evaluate your condition.
Laser Gum Surgery Steps:
- Periodontal Pockets are measured
- Laser fiber optic is inserted into gum pocket and removes inflamed diseased tissue with light energy.
- Ultrasonic instruments are used to “scrub” root surfaces below the gum line and remove tartar and plaque.
- Laser is reinserted into clean pocket and used to disinfect and sanitize the pocket, a fibrin “bandage” is formed in the pocket.
- Healthy connective tissue is readapted to the root and the healing process begins.
- Teeth are adjusted to eliminate premature contact and heavy contact points, bite is equilibrated.
- After teeth have been stabilized and approximately 3-4 months after treatment, new attachment of the gum tissue to the tooth and regeneration of the bone is evident.