Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery –
The treatment you receive for skin cancer depends on several factors, including your overall health and history, and the type, location and extent of the cancer. Treatments are often combined for the best result.
- Topical Therapy – Topical treatments are used to kill cancerous or pre-cancerous skin lesions. Actinic Keratosis (AK’s) and Soalr Keratosis (SK’s) is a condition in which there are numerous spots, visible and invisible, some of which will become skin cancer if untreated. Topical treatments are often prescribed as a method of killing many pre-cancerous spots before they become cancer and have to be removed by other means such as freezing or excision. There are several types of topical medications that may be prescribed for the treatment of pre-cancers and cancers.
- Blue-u Light Therapy – Used to treat pre-cancerous AK’s by combining Blue-u light with a special light-activated topical photosensitizing agent called Levulan. The results are more cosmetically appealing than traditional topical treatments.
- Cryotherapy – This type of treatment is used to destroy early skin cancers by freezing them with liquid nitrogen. The dead tissue sloughs off when it thaws. Treatments may need to be repeated to remove the growth completely.
- Electrodessication and Curettage – After removing most of the growth, your provider scrapes away layers of cancer cells using a circular blade (curet). An electric needle destroys any remaining cancer cells. This simple, quick procedure is common in treatment small or thinner cancers.
- Excisional Surgery – This type of treatment may be appropriate for any type of skin cancer. Your doctor cuts out (excises) the cancerous tissue and a surrounding margin of healthy skin. A wide excision, removing extra normal skin around the tumor may be recommended in some cases. To minimize or avoid scarring, especially on your face, you may need to consult a doctor skilled in reconstruction.
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery – This procedure is for large, recurring difficult to treat skin cancers, or cancers on the extremities which may include both basal and squamous cell carcinoma. Your physician acts as both the surgeon and pathologist removing the skin growth later by layer, examining each layer under the microscope until no abnormal cells remain. This procedure allows cancerous cells to be removed completely without taking excessive amount of surrounding healthy skin reducing the potential for scarring. Mohs Micrographic Surgery is a specialized form of tumor removal which requires the physician to have received advanced training.
Why Choose Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery?
We understand that you have a choice when it comes to your healthcare providers.
You can rest assured that the skilled providers and staff of Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery are well trained in the latest techniques and procedures. Riverchase is the largest and most comprehensive Dermatology practice in Southwest Florida, treating all types of skin disorders and cosmetic concerns with the latest advances in medicine.
For over twelve years our guiding principle has been to treat every patient as if they were family. With convenient locations across SWFL to serve you, we strive to continue to offer excellence in Dermatologic medicine.
Our comprehensive approach to the health and appearance of your skin includes:
General Dermatology: Accepting new patients at several convenient locations across Southwest Florida.
Skin Cancer Center: Offering the latest techniques for detection and treatment of skin cancer using traditional modalities such as topical therapy, Blue-u Light, Cryotherapy, Electrodessication and Curettage, Exicisional Surgery and
Mohs Micrographic Surgery: The only practice in the area that has three fellowship-trained Mohs Surgeons. Dr. Andrew T. Jaffe, Dr. Andrew P. Kontos and Dr. Daniel I. Wasserman are all certified by the American College of Mohs Surgery, after completing a rigorous fellowship training.
The Camisa Psoriasis Center: Offering UV phototherapy, biologic therapies, Xtrac Laser, and more. Directed by renowned expert Dr. Charles Camisa, author of The Psoriasis Handbook. Dr. Camisa also diagnoses and treats eczema, vitiligo, skin lymphoma, lichen planus, pemphigoid and pemphigus. Naples and Fort Myers locations.
Cosmetic Dermatology: Cosmetic Laser treatments and non-invasive procedures such as Botox, Juvederm, Restylane and more. Cosmetic consultations are complimentary.
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery: For face and body. Breast Augmentations and Lifts, Body Contouring, Facial procedures and more. Now offering minimally invasive procedures such as the RejuvaLift at Riverchase, performed by Dr. W.G. Eshbaugh, Jr., MD, FACS, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
CoolSculpting – A breakthrough, non-invasive procedure to noticeably eliminate fat in common trouble areas. Remove stubborn lumps and bumps with no pain, needles, or down-time. Complimentray consultations available in Fort Myers and Downtown Naples.
Spa Blue MD at Riverchase: Our Physician-directed Medical Spa offers a wide range of professional spa treatments and aesthetic services and products. Laser hair removal packages. Complimentary consultations available by appointment. Locations in Fort Myers and North Naples.
Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery is the most comprehensive skin cancer treatment center in Southwest Florida providing advanced treatment options for all types of skin cancer and pre-cancers. For more information on treatment options and other dermatologic concerns please contact any of our convenient locations. You can also learn more by visiting www.RiverchaseDermatology.com.
Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery | 1-800-591-DERM(3376) | www.RiverchaseDermatology.com