Here are 4 important mistakes to avoid.
– By Rosemarie Hurley, Certified Senior Advisor –
Long-term care insurance is asset protection. It is designed to pay for care when we get older and need some assistance with our daily lives. It pays for all levels of Care in the Home, in an Assisted Living Facility and last resort….Nursing Home Care. Without a private plan, you and your family are at risk for costs of upwards of $80,000. per year. This is a totally avoidable future expense that can be taken care of with a reasonably priced policy. The sooner you investigate this the less you will pay for it, and hopefully the easier it will be to qualify for coverage.
Here are a few Important mistakes to avoid……
- Waiting too long to start planning. We can’t make you any of you younger than you are, but however old you are, today is a good day to start. You don’t have to buy insurance protection today; but at least find out what a policy will cost. The premiums are totally flexible and depend on the benefits you select combined with your age and health.
- Believing it won’t happen to you. Denial is the best reason not to plan. The government statistics currently published say one in 2 people age 65 over WILL need some type of Long-Term re help. Even a short use of a Long-Term Care Plan ( like recovery from a stroke, or a broken hip), can reimburse you thousands of dollars in claims.
- Counting on government programs. If you are 50 or older, are you really ready to count on Medicare and Medicaid being able to pay for the care you want in 15 or 20 years. Don’t be mistaken. With the Baby Boomer Generation aging, today’s current government programs for seniors will be reduced NOT ENHANCED.
- Not working with a Long-Term Care insurance professional. Costs, and discounts vary between insurers and acceptable health conditions vary. You want to work with an experienced and knowledgeable professional who stays current and can get you the best coverage for the best price. You deserve it and it does not cost anymore to do it this way. Call today for a free packet of information.
Rosemarie Hurley, President of Senior Insurance Solutions, has worked in the senior healthcare market for over 20 years. She is a Certified Senior Advisor and has been a Long-Term Care Insurance Specialist for more than 18 years. She is the Past President of Health Underwriters, the Immediate Past President of the Rotary Club of Estero, Member of the Bonita and Estero Chambers of Commerce, and a graduate of Toastmaster’s International. As a Broker, she represents only the finest insurance companies in the industry. Can be reached at (239) 274-6678 in Estero, or at her website: www.longtermcareinsurance-online.com.