Thyroid disease is a serious but manageable condition. Because thyroid function affects your metabolism, heart rate, and other bodily functions, thyroid disorders can be serious. However, most thyroid disorders can be treated successfully with medication. Work with your doctor to determine the right medication and treatment for your thyroid disorder.
There are many types of thyroid disease. However, the main conditions present in most thyroid illnesses are hypothyroidism (thyroid under activity) and hyperthyroidism (thyroid over activity).
• weak slow heart beat
• muscular weakness and constant fatigue
• sensitivity to cold
• thick puffy skin and/or dry skin
• slowed mental processes and poor memory
• goiter (increased size of the thyroid)
• muscular weakness
• rapid heart rate
• weight loss in spite of increased appetite
• restlessness, anxiety and sleeplessness
• profuse sweating and heat intolerance
• eye changes
• goiter (increased size of the thyroid)
Improved public awareness and understanding of thyroid disorders enable patients and their families to cope more effectively with the sometimes disturbing course of thyroid illness. In this way individuals will also be better equipped to play a role in alerting their physicians to a suspected thyroid condition that may otherwise be difficult to diagnose in the sometimes slowly developing initial phases.
The thyroid system affects every bodily function by regulating energy and heat production, growth, and tissue repair and development, stimulating protein synthesis, modulating carbohydrates, protein, fat metabolism, and digestion, modulating muscle and nerve action, and helping regulate hormone excretion and oxygen utilization.
Each person’s experience of thyroid illness differs depending on a number of factors. With that being said different thyroid medications tend to work well with some patients and not so well with others.
Creative Scripts Compounding Pharmacy is Naples’ first full service, compounding-only pharmacy. With the knowledge of our highly trained pharmacists and technician, we can provide the highest quality compounded medications to exceed your expectations. Creative Scripts uses state of the art bases, chemicals and equipment to provide the most effective, most pharmaceutically elegant preparations available. Creative Scripts Compounding Pharmacy works very closely with physicians and practitioners from all specialties.
The supply of commercially available Natural Thyroid medications have been unreliable. While there are many factors in the current supply and demand issues surrounding commercially available Natural Thyroid, the unfortunate reality is that the current shortage is resulting in many patients sporadically being left without their much needed medication.
More and more people suffering with thyroid disease are making the switch to a Custom Compounded Natural Thyroid Formula. The dosage strength can be customized to each patient, and there are no shortages that will negatively impact patient treatment and compliance.
Our experience compounding both natural and synthetic thyroid formulations has enabled us to provide you with the answers you need Creative Scripts of Naples can make or adjust T3 and/or T4 capsules with a thyroid extract dosing for custom strength individualized prescriptions. They also have thyroid support formulas in a variety of supplements they sell.
If your physician prescribes a custom-compounded thyroid medication for your condition, he or she is essentially sending you to a custom tailor of medicine, who will prepare the exact dosage and form that is right for you.
Compounded medications are made just for you, allowing your doctor to specify the appropriate active ingredients, dosage form, strength, size and even the flavor that is best for you. Your prescriber will give you a prescription just like any other prescription, and let you know that you need to find a compounding pharmacy to fill it for you.
Physicians prescribe compounded medications for a variety of reasons:
• When needed medications are discontinued by or generally unavailable from pharmaceutical companies, often because the medications are no longer profitable to manufacture.
• When the patient is allergic to certain preservatives, dyes or binders in available off-the-shelf medications.
• When treatment requires tailored dosage-strengths for patients with unique needs (for example, an infant).
• When a pharmacist can combine several medications the patient is taking to increase compliance.
• When the patient cannot ingest the medication in its commercially available form and a pharmacist can prepare the medication a liquid or other form that the patient can easily take.
• When medications require flavor additives to make them more palatable for some patients, most often children.
If you are not familiar with our company and have any questions please feel free to call us and we will be glad to answer any questions you might have.
Visiting a doctor and receiving a blood test is a simple method to determine if the thyroid is functioning properly and to ensure untreated thyroid problems are quickly addressed.
Wishing you a Happy Healthy New Year!