By Dr. Noël Crosby, Au.D. –
Whether the fascination is an interest in fast cars, audio equipment, power mowers or a fancy watch, many men have always enjoyed keeping pace with the latest advancements in consumer electronics. That’s why you, or the man in your life, may appreciate the technological revolution that has taken place in the world of hearing aids. Not only do today’s hearing aids help men stay actively connected with family, friends and those in the workplace, but they are sleek, modern-looking and can connect to favorite electronic devices like smart phones and home entertainment systems.
In a recent press release from the Better Hearing Institute, five reasons were listed that make today’s hearing aids so appealing and downright “cool” to own and wear.
1. They are virtually invisible. Many of today’s hearing aids are so small they sit discreetly and comfortably inside your ear canal. No one will even know you are wearing them.
2. They adjust automatically to your surroundings, allowing you to hear everything from the rustling of sheets to the chirp of crickets. And hearing conversation in a crowded restaurant has never been easier.
3. Waterproof, digital hearing aids suit the active lifestyles of swimmers, skiers, snowboarders, intensive sports enthusiasts, and anyone working in dusty, demanding environments.
4. They can connect wirelessly with your smart phone, home entertainment system, and other electronics. That means seamless connectivity, directly into your hearing aid(s) at volumes that are just right for you.
5. They’re always ready. A new rechargeable feature on some newly designed hearing aids allows you to recharge your hearing aids every night, so they’re ready to go in the morning. No more struggling with small batteries.
So if you, or someone you know, wants to stay active, feel younger and remain socially and professionally engaged, don’t hesitate when it comes to facing the facts about hearing loss. Studies show that those who treat their hearing loss aggressively with hearing aids or other solutions, most often improve their quality of life. The result is that eight of ten hearing aid wearers say they are satisfied with the changes in their life that are the result of wearing hearing aids.
Conversely, research shows that untreated hearing loss can result in depression, strained relationships, anxiety and balance problems. Income can also be affected. One study found that those with untreated hearing loss can lose as much as $30,000 in annual income, depending upon the severity of their untreated hearing loss. On the other hand, those who used hearing aids in the workplace decreased that risk—by 90-100% for those with mild hearing loss and from 65-77 % for those whose hearing loss was moderate to severe.
So the next time you are searching for a birthday or Father’s Day gift for the “boy” in your life or simply want to experience the advanced technology of hearing aids for yourself, give your hearing healthcare professional a call. Of course the professionals at Advanced Hearing Solutions are always here to help. For more information about hearing loss or for a free demonstration of some of the newest advances in hearing aid technology, please give us a call at 941-474-8393.
Dr. Noël Crosby, Au.D., owner and practicing audiologist at Advanced Hearing Solutions in Englewood, FL is an experienced professional whose career has been devoted to helping people of all ages hear and understand more clearly.
With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Crosby’s career path is marked by the pursuit of advanced education. After completing her undergraduate requirements, she received her Bachelor and Master of Science degrees from Florida State University and her Doctorate in Audiology from the University of Florida.
Her credibility as an authority grew during her tenure as the Director of Audiology at the Silverstein Institute in Sarasota, FL from 1991-1998. Today, in addition to managing a successful audiology practice, Dr. Crosby just completed her second term as president of The Florida Academy of Audiology.
941-474-8393 | www.drnoelcrosby.com