Lehigh Regional Medical Center is actively monitoring COVID-19 with state and local health departments and the CDC. They have implemented stringent protocols to keep their patients and staff safe and healthy.
With the community, state, and globe in a merciless time of unprecedented uncertainty, many people are fearful of catching COVID-19, and they are also worried about their future and the outlook of the world. Young children, individuals with weakened immune systems, and adults 65 and over are more susceptible to the dangers of COVID-19, as their symptoms can quickly exacerbate into pneumonia or other disease states. As the immune system becomes weaker, the ability to fight off viruses and bacteria becomes more difficult and problematic. It’s critical to stay healthy and boost the immune system; that’s why, along with good hygiene and avoiding large crowds, it’s crucial to get quality sleep, eat nutritious foods, exercise, stay hydrated and practice some type of calming initiatives like meditation or prayer. It’s not uncommon to feel anxious during this time, but if you are experiencing depression and need help, please reach out and get the assistance you need.
Anyone 55 and older that is depressed and feels as though they need help in dealing with all of the concerns and uncertainty, Lehigh Regional Medical Center has a state-of-the-art, 55 and older, 35-bed Behavioral Health Unit. Please call 1-239-491-8420.
Depression over COVID-19
According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention):
Someone who is depressed has feelings of sadness or anxiety that last for weeks at a time. He or she may also experience the following:
• Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
• Feelings of guilt, worthlessness and/or helplessness
• Irritability, restlessness
• Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable
• Fatigue and decreased energy
• Difficulty concentrating, remembering details and making decisions
• Insomnia, early–morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
• Overeating or appetite loss
• Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
• Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not get better, even with treatment
It’s critical to seek treatment.
At Lehigh Regional Medical Center, quality care is our number one priority. Our inpatient behavioral health unit will reside within the hospital and will be designed specifically for adults ages 55 and older who are experiencing a wide range of emotional, social and behavioral issues that affect the healthy function of their daily lives. We believe that a supportive, family-oriented environment is one of the first steps to recovery, and we encourage family involvement in our patients’ care.
Our team will offer a wide range of medical and behavioral health services, including:
• Psychiatric assessment and treatment
• Management of medical conditions
• Medication management
• Dietary consultation
• Recreational therapy assessment and treatment
• Psychotherapy: individual, family and group
• Education for patients and families on diagnosis, treatment options and medications
• Assistance with discharge planning and financial issues
• Also, the hospital will resume its Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) program. For those who
can’t use or don’t respond to medication or psychotherapy, ECT is a treatment option. It can also help patients in life-threatening situations; for example, someone at risk of suicide
*The behavioral therapy unit also offers a 7 day program, 35 hours a week of activities, which include group therapy, art therapy, drug and alcohol therapy, sit down dinners, and much more.
Lehigh Regional Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, is accredited by The Joint Commission with the Gold Seal of Approval as an 88-bed acute-care facility. Committed to compassionate care, Lehigh Regional Medical Center has uniquely served its five-county community in Lehigh Acres, Florida, since 1965.
The state-of-the-art facility provides specialty care services that include Emergency Services, Cardiology, Critical Care, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Nephrology, Orthopedics, Otolaryngology, Pathology, Pulmonology and Women’s Health. We deliver patient-centered healthcare with dignity and respect for all.
Lehigh Regional Medical Center
1500 Lee Blvd.
Lehigh Acres, FL 33936