During this time, we are all adjusting to a new normal by social distancing, practicing good hand hygiene and staying safe at home.
However, many of us have needs that require us to seek ongoing medical and mental health check-ups. For those with mood disorders such as depression, anxiety or bipolar disease, it’s critical that you do not stop your medical treatment protocol. If you notice your symptoms getting worse, seek help sooner rather than later. The practitioners of Alleviant Health Centers of Naples are available for their patients in need of ongoing therapy appointments.
Alleviant has implemented virtual telehealth, which patients can access via their smartphone, tablet or computer. With a telehealth visit you can get a full psychiatric evaluation, receive a diagnosis, be prescribed medication that can be called into your pharmacy of choice or engage in a psychotherapy session.
Virtual Visit Tips
• Make sure you have a list of questions and/or symptoms ready
• Call the office or email to schedule your virtualvisit
• Choose a private, quiet location where you are comfortable
• Check your device beforehand to make sure your camera and sound work
• Most private insurance companies cover telehealth, but you may want to check before scheduling
• Medicare covers telehealth
• Alleviant’s staff is available to walk you through the steps if you have any difficulty
May is Mental Health Month
Each year millions of Americans face the reality of living with a mental illness. There is a national movement to raise awareness about mental health. During May, each year we come together to fight stigma, provide support, educate the public and advocate for policies that support people with mental illness and their families.1
NAMI, the National Association of Mental illnesses “You Are Not Alone” campaign features the lived experience of people affected by mental illness to fight stigma, inspire others and educate the public. Now more than ever before, it is essential for mental health professionals, the community and patients to come together and show the world that no one should ever feel alone .1
Alleviant Health Centers of Naples
We use an integrative holistic approach to healing using a combination of the following traditional and innovative therapies:
• Medication Management: Meet with our Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to adjust, change or fill your prescriptions.
• Ketamine Infusion Therapy: 70% of patients experience a significant reduction in symptoms; many during the first infusion.
• Nasal Ketamine: We are a Certified SpravatoTM Healthcare Setting. FDA approved for Treatment Resistant Depression.
• Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS): FDA approved non-invasive procedure for Treatment Resistant Depression.
• Psychotherapy: Meet with our Psychologist for individual, couples and family therapy. Trauma therapy using Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Stephen Durand moved to Naples 15 years ago to attend Wolford College where he received his training as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) and earned a Master’s degree from Florida Gulf Coast University. Stephen and his wife Liz, who is also a Registered Nurse (RN) love working side by side. “We experience great joy and satisfaction from helping people feel better.”
Alleviant Health Centers
1575 Pine Ridge Rd., Suite 16
Naples, FL 34109
(866) 951-HEAL | alleviant.com/naples