Summer is in full swing. It’s an exciting time! The kids are out of school, the weather is great, and we are all ready for some fun and relaxation! Many of us like to spend the summer on the road with our family. While the idea of traveling somewhere new can be exciting, it can also be full of stress. Sometimes we even forget that the whole point of going on vacation is to relax and have fun!
Here are some fun tips to keep in mind when planning your summer vacation that may help you make your vacation as enjoyable and stress free as it should be.
1. Know what you want. Indecision can bring on anxiety when planning a vacation. Be clear on what you want and what you’re willing to spend your time and money doing.
2. Be organized. Once you have a clear view of what you’d like your trip to look like, do the proper research to find out everything you’ll need for your vacation. Planning ahead of time can help eliminate many of the worries later on.
3. Be prepared. Think ahead and make a list of all the items you’ll need ahead of time. There’s nothing worse than scrambling the day before a trip trying to find everything you need in a few hours.
4. Let go of the small stuff. Life isn’t perfect. Things happen. Sometimes these little “surprises can end up bringing the most joy in life! Detach from your “ideal” outcome and allow life to flow.
5. Be present. We spend so much time worrying about our vacations being perfect; worrying if everyone is happy and having a good time. Stop worrying and simply be there.
6. Be open. Allow yourself to be receptive to new people, cultures, and places. Learning from and about someone new can be a life changing experience.
7. Show gratitude. How often do we get home from travel and feel like we need a vacation from our vacation? Sit and count your blessings after the trip is done. It’s a wonderful way to end the journey.